At the beginning of the month I selected this project as my OMG for August, and I’m pleased to say that I’ve managed to achieve above and beyond my target: woohoo! 🙂
Not only did I get it to the flimsy stage as planned, but I also managed to get it backed and basted, and it’s now ready for quilting. Here it is hung up on the washing line for this morning’s photo shoot (had to hang it sideways ‘cos it would have dragged on the wet grass if I hadn’t … it’s single bed size).
Had a little bit of a stutter last weekend when I realised that I didn’t have the thread I wanted for quilting, but a quick purchase during the week solved that 🙂 I’m just going to do some simple wavy line quilting, nowt fancy stuff, and I’ve got a nice darkish green fabric in mind for the binding.
This was going to be a donation quilt, but when I saw it laid out on the bed it made me smile so much I think I might change my mind 🙂 Although I do have more than enough strips already cut to make another one, so who knows … there may be an addition to my Project List!
Linking up with Heidi’s “It’s Finished!” party at Red Letter Quilts here – I really enjoy checking out what everyone’s been doing in the month.