There were times when I thought I wasn’t going to make the deadline this month, but I did! And now that I consider it further, I’ve actually achieved more than I set out to do at the beginning of the month, in that I was aiming for a flimsy, but have managed to finish off the quilt completely 🙂
I’m really pleased with the end result – my favourite autumn colours, a new technique (wonky blocks), some stitch in the ditch quilting, which I’ve never tried before, and another go at quilting on my 35-year old machine instead of tieing to finish it off. The marathon binding session last night nearly did me in as my hands started to cramp up, but regular breaks and stretching got me through, so today it was just tidy-up work, concealing thread ends, cutting off stray threads and giving it a final once-over before declaring it finished and ready for the photo shoot 🙂
So here’s the end result, with a woohoo to go with it!